Between the Lac de Serre-Ponçon and the Italian border, at 150km from the Côte d’Azur (Nice) you’ll find the the beautiful valley of the L’Ubaye . Both the lower part of the valley (where the campsite is located) and the upper area (from St. Paul sur Ubaye) have an authentic, rough and southern mountain landscape.
More than 1,000 km of hiking trails run along picturesque mountain villages, small valleys and 80 mountain lakes.
Under the Provençal sun you can enjoy your favorite holiday activity.
The valley of the Ubaye is known as
– the valley with the largest number of wild flowers (alpine meadows – edelweiss, etc.)
– very rich fauna, marmots, chamois, special birds etc …
– the region with very healthy and blue sky and with a wonderful starry sky
Located in the valley of the Ubaye
– the largest lake in Europe at 2,000 m (lac d’Allos)
– the highest route in Europe (route de la Bonnette / Restefond, 2,880 m)